Wednesday, January 27, 2010

What do you do? Who are you?

This week I was introduced to a person and he immediately asked me , "What do you do?" I replied, "I am a home builder." The conversation proceeded on and we later parted ways. As I drove home I got to thinking more about that conversation. It is very common and easy today to identify ourselves by our occupation only. So I pondered the question more, "Who am I?" Putting my occupation aside, I quickly realized I am 100+ people all in one: A husband, dad, brother, son, best friend, cousin, Texas Tech Alum, Lubbockite, son-in-law, step-son, grandson, brother-in-law, nephew, church usher, West Texan, basketball referee(for 1st and 2nd graders), client, board member, etc, etc.... So the next time somebody asks you, "What do you do?", take time to realize just really WHO you are. Have a great week.

JW

No comments:

Post a Comment